The progress on Incandescent 2 is going well. Even though it does feel at the moment like re-inventing the wheel in terms of coming from Incandescent 1 to this. Making a new engine wasn’t going to be easy but so far it already has some nicer features and from a code stand point, much easier to work with. The goal at the end of this is to also have an engine I can use to make another game instead of a pile of code mashed together into a game.
The past couple weeks have mainly been behind the scenes work so not much screenshotable stuff to show but in the coming weeks I am hoping to have some more flashy stuff to show off.
I did get a simple console system working for my development needs:
Game stat tracking is also working and it also saves it to a total stats file. I want to go crazy with stats!
I’ve learnt that I need to make sure that enemies don’t have the same fire rate as the player:
And finally a quick look at the ship select screen and starting gameplay: